- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Norristown Gets Health Zone
Norristown Council has approved a Health Care Zone for the area around Montgomery Hospital and the Montgomery County Human Services Center. The Montgomery Hospital building will probably be demolished after the new Einstein Medical Center-Montgomery opens in less than a year at the old Wood’s Golf site, on Germantown Pike near Whitehall Road in East Norriton. The new zoning designation allows a mix of senior citizen housing and various medical, retail and commercial uses. Doctors’ offices, a medical college and a nursing school are permitted, but new substance abuse centers, detention centers, adult entertainment, tattoo parlors, check-cashing agencies and takeout beer stores are not allowed. Council members say the new zoning regulations are designed to keep the neighborhood stable.