- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montgomery Twp Police Contract Approved
The Montgomery Township Supervisors have approved a new five-year contract for police officers. Township Manager Larry Gregan says it gives them pay raises totaling nearly 15 percent over five years, but gives new recruits a pay freeze.
“It will be the same salary for hiring a new recruit for the entire five years of the contract.”
He says the new contract, which is effective January 1, also includes health insurance cost containment measures, such as higher deductibles and incentives for enrolling in the less expensive HMO plan.