- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Harper: Ban Teacher Strikes
Montgomery County State Representative Kate Harper says she will vote for a bill to ban teacher strikes in Pennsylvania if it gets to the house floor. She says teaching our children is a very important and sensitive responsibility, and teacher walkouts should not be allowed to disrupt it.
“There are certain public workers who shouldn’t be allowed to strike because their striking is extremely disruptive to the job they have to do. Police, for example, paid firefighters, and I think schoolteachers also should not be allowed to strike.”
Harper says she believes teachers should be well paid, and they are well paid. She says Pennsylvania has some of the highest teacher salaries in the country, even in small rural districts.