- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Towamencin Officials Looking At Windmill Ordinance
The Township Supervisors are looking into regulating home wind turbines that generate electricity. Chairman Dan Littley says they need to be proactive.
“There are out on the market miniature types of these things, and they can be installed horizontally on your roof or vertically. Before someone comes in here and wants to put a wind turbine up in their backyard, we need to get an ordinance.”
He says they have zoning issues, such as setbacks and minimum lot size, and environmental concerns, but their main concern is safety and protecting children from injuries caused by windmill blades. He says the supervisors have asked township staff for more information, and they should have it next month.