- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Unemployment Dropping In Bucks, Montco, Chesco
Bucks, Montgomery and Chester Counties are still below the national unemployment rate of a little over 9 percent. The U.S. Labor Department’s Bureau of Labor Statistics released the March numbers Wednesday. Bucks County’s rate is 7.5 percent, Montgomery County’s rate is 6.9 percent, and Chester County has the lowest rate in Southeastern Pennsylvania at 6.2 percent. All three counties improved from a year earlier, but they did not recover to the rates they had in March of 2009.