- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montgomery Twp: Close Naval Air Station Runway
The Montgomery Township Supervisors oppose any effort to keep the Willow Grove Naval Air Station airstrip in operation once the base is downsized later this year. Supervisor Michael Fox says he’s concerned about creeping growth from small planes to big ones. Horsham Township Council has also taken a position against keeping the runway open, although a separate Horsham Land Reuse Authority is looking at all future uses for the property, and the Warrington Township Supervisors have said they favor keeping the airstrip open for small planes connected to a corporate center that could be a future use.