- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Towamencin Park Plan Approved
The Towamencin Township Supervisors have adopted a new master plan for Firehouse Park (pictured here with firehouse in background). It calls for more parking, a restored 19th Century cannon near the entrance on Bustard Road, and educational signs telling the story of Towamencin residents who served in the armed forces. Township Manager Rob Ford, a retired Navy pilot, says the park will get a new name of Veterans Memorial Park, but the timing still has to be determined.
“I don’t know if the board will want to wait and start around a certain day, like Memorial Day or Veterans’ Day. I think we would want to get a recommendation from the Veterans’ Committee and present that to the board, and now that the plan has been adopted, that would probably be the first thing we would look at doing.”
Ford says the improvements to the 19-acre park will cost close to a million dollars, and the work will probably be done in phases over several years.