- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Grand Jury Probes Possible Montco Sunshine Law Violations
An investigating grand jury has subpoenaed records from Montgomery County Commissioners Jim Matthews and Joe Hoeffel, the chairman and vice chairman. It is looking into whether they violated the Pennsylvania Open Meeting Law, also known as the Sunshine Law, with meetings at an East Norriton restaurant prior to their public meetings. County Solicitor Barry Miller, a long-time friend and ally of Matthews, and Deputy Chief Operating Officer Jim Maza, a long-time friend and ally of Hoeffel, also attended. The third commissioner, Bruce Castor, was not invited to the meetings. Hoeffel says they discussed food, family, friends and other matters, and county business came up from time to time. He says they did nothing wrong, but he has hired two lawyers to represent him.