- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
L Merion Official Running For Montco Commissioner
Lower Merion Township Commissioner Jenny Brown is seeking the Montgomery County Republican Committee’s endorsement for county commissioner. In the current economy, she says all levels of government need to rein in borrowing and spending and tighten their belts.
“I have had a lot of experience in my position as a commissioner in Lower Merion, which is the largest municipality in the county, and I have seen what happens when the board does not set appropriate fiscal policies in a time such as this, and I think it’s a critical time for the county, and it’s very important that we have our top elected officials in the county implementing the right fiscal policies. I’m under no illusion that it’s going to be easy, but it’s imperative that it be done.”
Brown says the excesses in Harrisburg and Washington mirror challenges threatening Montgomery County, and she wants to help restore a GOP majority and common-sense Republican principles on the county board of commissioners.