- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Rendell Vetoes Castle Doctrine Expansion Bill
Governor Ed Rendell has vetoed a bill that called for expanding the Castle Doctrine, based on the idea that a man’s home is his castle. It would have allowed people to protect themselves with deadly force in their businesses, cars, and other places beyond the home where the law allows them to be. He says it would have threatened, not enhanced, the safety of Pennsylvania citizens because it encouraged the use of deadly force, even when safe retreat is available. He says it would have encouraged a “shoot first, ask questions later” mentality.