- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Kerns: Corbett Can Do It
Montgomery County Republican Party Chairman Bob Kerns says he’s very pleased that the GOP has retained control of the state senate and regained control of the Pennsylvania House Of Representatives. He says it assures that Governor-Elect Tom Corbett (pictured here) can make good on his promise not to raise taxes.
“He’s made it very clear, definitively, that he’s not going to be raising taxes. He thinks that there’s plenty of waste and that there’s plenty of pork, if you would, left over from Rendell’s ‘Ed Spendell’s’ time in governance, that he’s going to be able to do that without raising taxes, so we’ll se how that plays out in the future. I think if anybody can do it Tom Corbett can do it.”
Kerns says Republicans in the house and senate and the governor’s office will cut the deficit Ed Rendell has given the state over the last seven years, give the taxpayers a different kind of governance, and do whatever it takes to create jobs.