- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Meat Packer Buys More Sewer Capacity
Hatfield Quality Meats could soon be sending more sewage to the Upper Gwynedd-Towamencin Municipal Authority Wastewater Treatment Plant. The Towamencin Township Supervisors have approved an agreement that will allow the meat processing plant to increase its flow by about 8 percent. The company will pay the township $124,000 and pay the authority $190,000 to reserve the extra capacity. Township Manager Robert Ford says the company has no immediate plans to increase its flow into the plant, but it wants to be prepared in the event that more capacity is needed.