- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Poll Shows Sestak Leading Toomey
Democrat Joe Sestak has apparently caught up with Republican Pat Toomey in the race to replace outgoing U.S. Senator Arlen Specter. A Muhlenberg College poll released Wednesday shows Sestak ahead by 3 percentage points, 44-to-41, among likely voters. That’s within the margin of error, which means the race is too close to call. An earlier Muhlenberg Poll gave Toomey a 7-point lead. The sampling error margin is plus or minus 5 points. Sestak is a current congressman in the Seventh District, which is partly in Montgomery County and partly in Delaware County. Toomey is a former congressman in the 15th District, which is partly in Montgomery County and partly in the Lehigh Valley.