- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Conshy Residents Oppose Super Wawa
About 250 people turned out at Monday night’s Conshohocken Borough Council meeting to oppose plans for a Super Wawa store the company wants to build at Fayette Street and Eleventh Avenue, where Moore Chevrolet stood until it went out of business recently. Residents cited safety concerns, with traffic coming and going at all hours of the day and night, and questioned the need for another gas station. Wawa’s lawyer told the crowd any new use proposed for the site would generate opposition, even if the company decides not to build a store there.