- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Trivedi: Evidence More Important Than Ideology
Democrat Manan Trivedi, who is running against Sixth District Congressman Jim Gerlach, says he tries to avoid labels such as liberal or conservative. He says he bases his positions more on evidence than ideology, largely because of his medical training.
“I’m a physician, and we have what’s called evidence-based medicine, and you look at what works and what doesn’t work and you apply those facts. That’s what D.C. should be like. Unfortunately it’s not right now. D.C. is sort of an evidence-free zone, so we need evidence-based policies.”
Doctor Trivedi says he believes government should function as a safety net in times of crisis, but otherwise it should stay out of the way and let the economy grow and prosper through free market mechanisms. He’s a surgeon from Birdsboro in Berks County and an Iraq War veteran who says congress needs more veterans. He appeared Monday on the WNPV talk program “Comment Please by Univest.” The Sixth District includes parts of Montgomery, Chester and Berks Counties.