- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Madonna: Murphy Has A Problem
Franklin and Marshall College Center for Politics and Public Affairs Director Terry Madonna says he was shocked last week when his new poll showed Democrat Patrick Murphy trailing Republican Mike Fitzpatrick by ten points among registered voters in the 8th Congressional District and 15 percent among likely voters. But after taking a closer look, he says, it made sense.
“Who is, not arguably, one of the staunchest supporters of the President in the entire Democratic political community in Pennsylvania? Who was the first member of Congress to endorse Obama, and who voted for the Obama agenda? I looked at that and I said, well, anyone who voted for the entire Obama agenda now has created debts and deficits, which suburban voters are highly attuned to, you’ve got to think is going to have a problem.”
Doctor Madonna says only about 40 percent gave him a positive job performance rating, Bucks County voters have told him Murphy is an absentee Congressman who doesn’t spend enough time in the district, and Fitzpatrick is a well-known experienced politician who knows how to run a campaign. He appeared recently on the WNPV talk program Comment Please by Univest.