- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Tea Party Patriot Leader Speaks Out
Tea Party Patriots Pennsylvania State Coordinator Diana Reimer of Lansdale says her group is non-partisan and it does not make political endorsements, but they do encourage members to get involved in politics at the local level.
“They have their own issues in their community, so we believe that to make any change you must start within your party, whatever party that is, and by doing that people are learning how to become committee people, and you have to start at the local level to make a change.”
Reimer says their members are Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians and independents who believe in limited government and free markets, and they are not happy with the direction the current congress and administration have been heading. She says some groups using the tea party name are political action committees, but the Tea Party Patriots are non-partisan, non-profit and educational, and they have several affiliates in Montgomery and Bucks Counties.