- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Bloomberg Backs Sestak
Congressman Joe Sestak’s U.S. Senate campaign got a boost Tuesday from New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Sestak says it means more to him than your typical political party endorsement because Bloomberg is an independent thinker who tries to resolve problems with practical solutions, as he learned to do himself during his military career.
“That’s how I approach my job in government and will as U.S. Senator. The Navy is not a breeding ground for liberals or conservatives or ideologues. It’s a breeding ground for problem solvers, and when I was assigned to take over the Navy anti-terrorism unit after 9/11 it was all ideas on the table – let’s attack this problem in the most pragmatic way.”
Sestak is a Democrat who represents parts of Montgomery and Delaware Counties. He faces Republican Pat Toomey in the race for the seat currently held by Arlen Specter, who lost to Sestak in the Democratic Primary Election.