- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Towamencin Officials Consider Road Extension
The Towamencin Township Supervisors will look at extending Towamencin Avenue across Sumneytown Pike to Bustard Road to accommodate a hotel and office building proposed for a three-acre site on Franklin Street. Chairman Dan Littley says large emergency vehicles might have a problem getting into the small street.
“When you look at the sketch plan it just worries me that, not knowing what else is going in there, Franklin Street is not designed for the business that’s being put in there. It is designed for the homes that were there”
The sketch plan shows a two-story office building and a four-story hotel. The supervisors told township administrators to meet with the developer and explore options that would make Franklin Street more accessible for emergency vehicles.