- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Rendell Assesses Gov Race
Governor Ed Rendell has sized up the November race between the two men who want to be his successor. Rendell says he has high regard for Tom Corbett and the job he has done as Pennsylvania Attorney General, but he questions a couple of the Republican’s campaign promises.
“I disagree with signing a ‘no tax’ pledge. I think that’s lunacy. You’ve got to give yourself the option, given the contingencies that might occur. I also think that he’s a little disingenuous when he says he can take $2 billion out of the budget without specifying how he’s going to take dime one out of the budget.”
Rendell says Democrat and Allegheny County Executive Dan Onorato trails in the early polls because Corbett has high statewide name recognition from being attorney general for nearly eight years, but Onorato is a high-energy campaigner and the race should be interesting.