- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Ex Cop Gets Jail Time For Hoax
A former Chalfont police officer who admitted making up a story about being shot while on duty has been given nine to 23 months in Bucks County Prison, followed by five years on probation, plus 250 hours of community service.
31-year-old Jon Cousin Of New Britain pleaded guilty in November to filing a false report to law enforcement and official oppression.
A firearms expert examined a slug lodged in the bulletproof vest he was wearing and found it was fired from cousin’s gun, and Bucks County District Attorney David Heckler said at the time that the story he told about being shot last August in the parking lot at the Lenape Valley Swim Club was absolutely a lie and a hoax.
At his sentencing Tuesday Cousin apologized saying, “I can’t believe I could do such an irresponsible thing.”