- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Man Gets Jail Time For Setting Fire
A Lansdale man has been given 30 days in Montgomery County Prison, followed by nearly four years under court supervision, for setting a fire at a business that fired him.
22-year-old Tyrone Heitz of Wedgewood Drive pleaded guilty to criminal mischief and recklessly endangering others for the incident last April at Berks Wiper Converting on North Valley Forge Road in Lansdale.
Court documents say he lit an 800-pound roll of paper on fire as he left the building after being fired. Employees put it out with a fire extinguisher.