- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Bucks Co Man Charged In Phila Murder
A Bucks County man is accused of killing a Philadelphia pediatrician and setting her body on fire.
36-year-old Jason Smith of Bristol Township is charged with murder and abuse of a corpse.
Police say he went to Doctor Melissa Ketunuti’s Center City rowhouse on Monday to exterminate for rodents when they had an argument over his work, and possibly a comment she made that he took as disrespectful, and it went terribly wrong.
They say he struck the 35-year-old doctor, strangled her with a rope and set the body on fire in her basement.
Surveillance camera pictures from two retail businesses and a hospital in her block of Naudain Street show him entering and leaving the victim’s home and circling around it.
Neighbors in the Crabtree section of Levittown, where he lived with his girlfriend, their daughter and her parents, say he was a quiet family man who they often saw walking his dog.