- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Man Accused Of Breaking Into Home Waives Hearing
A man accused of breaking into a Lansdale woman’s home has moved closer to trial in Montgomery County Court.
27-year-old Terry Mendez of Philadelphia waived his preliminary hearing Tuesday. He is charged with criminal trespassing and other offenses.
Court documents say he broke into her Pennbrook Avenue home in May of last year and she woke up to find him in her bedroom.
She said she was too scared to call police at the time, and she drove him to a train station while he told her repeatedly to go to the courthouse and drop the charges against him. For that he was charged with intimidating a witness.
The woman’s problems with Mendez go back to September of 2011, when he allegedly took her car without permission.