- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Ex Coach Gets Jail Time For Improper Contact With Teen
A Former Archbishop Carroll High School Athletic Director who admitted seeking sexual favors from a former male student in return for gifts has been given 5 to 23 months in Montgomery County Prison, followed by five years on probation.
41-year-old Francis Murphy of Radnor pleaded guilty to corruption of a minor.
He was arrested in April of last year outside the Frosty Falls Ice Cream Shop in Bridgeport, where he went to meet the 17-year-old former student. Instead he met detectives who had posed as the boy on the internet.
Court documents say the boy had been on the football team, and Murphy offered to be his Sugar Daddy. The boy became angry when he looked it up and found out what it meant, so he told his mother, who called police.
Murphy’s lawyers say he is truly sorry for what happened, and he has lost his home, his savings and his career.