- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montco Doc Faces Federal Drug Charges
A Montgomery County doctor is accused of knowingly prescribing drugs that were re-sold on the streets.
A federal indictment says 73-year-old Doctor Norman Werther of Horsham, who had a physical therapy and rehabilitation practice on Davisville Road in Willow Grove, wrote phony prescriptions in some cases for patients who did not need the drugs for any legitimate medical purpose and in other cases the patients were non-existent.
It says he conspired with six groups of drug dealers, and an Oxycodone prescription he wrote about two years ago led to a man’s death. He is charged with distribution of controlled substances resulting in death and other offenses.
The indictment says his staff drove patients to his office, and then drove them to drug stores to fill the prescriptions.