- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Lansdale Armed Robbery Suspect Arrested
Lansdale Police have arrested a man who allegedly robbed a woman on Saturday night.
40-year-old Stacy Beckett (pictured here), formerly of Tulip Drive in Hatfield Township, is charged with robbery with threat of serious injury and other offenses.
Police say he put a gun to the 30-year-old victim’s head in a parking lot near South Broad Street and Jenkins Avenue, not far from her place of employment, at about 9:00pm Saturday. He took her wallet, checkbook and cigarettes, and she fled in her car after the robber left the scene.
Police canvassed the area, and while they were speaking with one of the victim’s co-workers about an hour later, he told them a suspicious man he had seen earlier was now walking on Jenkins Avenue. He started running, but police caught up with him and Tasered him in the first block of East Second Street.
The victim identified Beckett, who was familiar to police from previous contacts, and the items taken from her were still in his possession. They found that he was also wanted for a state parole violation, and he was taken to Montgomery County Prison in lieu of $250,000 cash bail.