- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montgomery Twp Promotes Bendig To Police Chief
The Montgomery Township Supervisors have formally promoted Acting Police Chief Scott Bendig to Chief.
His promotion takes effect Monday, October 1, a day after long-time Chief Richard Brady’s retirement becomes official. Brady headed the department for more than 30 years.
Bendig joined it as a patrolman in 1989 and rose through the ranks as a canine officer, DARE instructor, field training officer and sergeant, and for the past two years he has been Deputy Chief. That position disappears on Monday, but the township is hiring a new patrol officer to keep the department at full strength.