- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Alleged Marijuana Grower Arrested
A Bucks County man is charged with growing marijuana. The trouble started for 29-year-old Michael Komar of Holland when a Newtown Township police officer stopped him for following another vehicle too closely. The officer noticed a case for a handgun in the car and also smelt burning marijuana. After obtaining a search warrant for the car, police found nine jars of pot, 100 prescription pills, a digital scale and the gun. A subsequent search of the home of the suspect turned up eight pounds of marijuana as well as a fully operational growing system. Investigators call it a large scale growing operation.