- Church Treasurer Accused of Stealing Church Funds
- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Man Gets Jail Time For Prescription Fraud
A man who admitted trying to fill phony prescriptions at two Montgomery County drug stores is going to state prison.
54-year-old John Nowosielski of Philadelphia pleaded guilty to forgery and other offenses, and a judge gave him four to eight years.
Police started investigating him last February when he tried to buy the prescription painkiller Oxycodone at a CVS on Route 29 in Lower Frederick Township, where a store surveillance camera took his picture. He was caught ten days later when he tried again at the CVS at Allentown and Valley Forge Roads in Towamencin Township.
The pharmacist called police while he waited, thinking the prescription was being filled. Court documents say he told police he was just trying to make a little money.