- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Hilltown Crash Kills Driver’s Father
Distracted driving is blamed for a Hilltown crash that left a man dead.
It happened shortly before 8:30am Saturday, August 18, on Limekiln Pike just north of Township Line Road.
Police say a 16-year-old girl with a learner’s permit became distracted when the “check engine” light came on, went off the right side of the road in the Honda Odyssey she was driving, pulled back onto the road, but veered back to the right, left the road again and struck a tree.
Her father, 52-year-old David Shelley of the Jamison section of Warwick Township, died Sunday night as a result of injuries suffered in the crash. An investigation is continuing, but Hilltown Township Police say they do not expect to file charges against the driver.