- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
DUI Suspect Violently Resists Arrest
Taking a DUI suspect into custody leaves several police officers with minor injuries.
Lansdale Police say an officer saw a man driving on the 400 block of Penn Street just after 11:30 Sunday night. The officer noticed that the car was swerving back and forth. The driver, according to police, failed to stop despite flashing police lights. Police followed the driver to Cedar Street where the car pulled into a driveway.
The officer witnessed the driver throw the car keys through the passenger window into a nearby garden. When police tried to stop the man from going into his home, he allegedly struggled with them. Police say, his speech was slurred and a small amount of marijuana was found.
44-year-old Timothy Owen Wayne faces a host of charges and a preliminary hearing on September 20th.