- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Graterford Prison Inmate Charged With Manslaughter
A Bucks County man, who was an inmate at Graterford Prison, is sentenced to 10-to-20 years in connection with the beating death of another inmate.
Officials say, 34 year old John Kasianczuk stomped and beat Roberto Avalle on August 22 two years ago inside the prison exercise area. He pleaded guilty to a charge of voluntary manslaughter.
The assault was caught on tape and replayed in court. Kasianczuk broke down upon reading an apology to Avalle's family, but says he was provoked by Avalle and does not remember the assault in question. Avalle died due to health complications caused by the fight.