- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Housing Fraud Alleged In Montco
Three women are accused of fraudulently obtaining rental assistance through the Montgomery County Housing Authority.
Terry Holmes and Megan Benson, both of North Hills, and Tracey Warren of Pottstown are charged with theft, welfare fraud and other offenses.
Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Ferman and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Agent Joseph Clark say the three women cheated the county and federal governments out of more than $123,000 over a period of several years.
Rental subsidies are based on income and other eligibility requirements, and all three cases involve failure to report income and the composition of their households. They allegedly had a husband or boyfriend living with them and earning income, but they never told HUD or the housing authority.