- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Beanie Sigel Gets Two Years
A Lansdale man has been given two years in federal prison for income tax evasion. He is 38-year-old Dwight Grant, who performs as a rapper under the name of Beanie Sigel.
Prosecutors say he failed to pay more than $348,000 in taxes on more than $1 million he earned over a three-year period from 2003 through 2005.
Once he gets out of prison he must pay all back taxes, interest and penalties. He is from South Philadelphia, but a U.S. Justice Department news release identifies him as a Lansdale resident. He has had a home in the area for a few years.