- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Bar Bill Suggests Driver In Wrong-Way Fatal Had Been Drinking Heavily
A Bucks County man accused of driving drunk down the wrong side of I-95, striking and killing a Philadelphia police officer, had consumed a large quantity of beer and hard liquor.
Police say 47-year-old John Leck Jr.’s last known location prior to the crash was TGI Friday’s on Street Road in Bensalem, where his bar bill shows that he had three 22-ounce Coors Lights, one 14-ounce Coors Light and two Three Olives Vodka drinks.
He paid the bill at 1:16 am, nearly two hours before he struck and killed 48-year-old officer Brian Lorenzo, who was riding his patrol motorcycle to his home in the far northeast early Sunday morning when Leck, of Levittown, struck him head-on just south of the Cottman Avenue interchange. Leck is charged with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence.