- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Steroids A Factor In Bucks Co Standoff
Court documents say the New Jersey police officer who holed up in a Doylestown Township home Sunday, firing more than 100 rounds at other police officers, was on steroids. Lansdale lawyer Matt Wilcov says he sees a bit of irony in the timing.
“This week concluded a 5 to 7 year ridiculous investigation by the federal authorities involving Congress and baseball. We took it to the federal level to make sure that baseball players are not using steroids when our own law enforcement officers are running amok in our backyard and they’re not being tested at all, and we give them weapons and ask them to enforce the laws.”
Wilcov appeared Wednesday on the WNPV talk program Legally Speaking.
42-year-old Richard Klementovich is charged with 85 counts of numerous criminal offenses including attempted homicide. He remains at Bucks County Prison in lieu of $1 million bail.