- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Man Admits Killing Fellow Prison Inmate
A Graterford State Prison inmate from Bucks County has admitted beating another inmate to death. 34-year-old John Kasianczuk of Levittown pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in the death of Roberto Avalle of Philadelphia, who was 49 at the time of the incident.
Court documents say the two men were in an outdoors exercise pen when Kasianczuk started bullying Avalle. The victim was walking away when Kasianczuk punched him on the side of the head, knocking him down, and then stomped on his head until he lost consciousness. Avalle died of complications from blunt force trauma to the head.
The attack occurred in august of 2010, but officials say he died in October at a prison infirmary in Somerset County, and Kasianczuk was not charged until April of 2011. The motive is not clear, but Avalle had been there for only a few days, while Kasianczuk had served about two years for a Bristol armed robbery, and he was about to be released when state police arrested him. Now he faces an additional 10 to 20 years.