- Church Treasurer Accused of Stealing Church Funds
- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Ex Cop Faces Theft, Drug Charges
A Former Montgomery County police officer is accused of stealing evidence and having informants buy him drugs. 42-year-old John Becker (pictured here) of Horsham is charged with felony theft and a string of misdemeanors.
He was a Detective Sergeant with the Hatboro Police Department when the alleged crimes occurred over about an eight-year period ending early last year. He allegedly stole ten guns including a rare nine-millimeter German Luger pistol, an Omega watch worth $2,700 and $18,000 in cash while serving as evidence custodian.
Agents from the attorney general’s office found several items, including some with “evidence” stickers, during a search of his home. Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly says he also coerced several people into buying him prescription painkillers and cocaine under the guise of assisting undercover drug investigations.