- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Meth Ring Busted
32 people, including 23 from Montgomery County, are accused of running a large methamphetamine ring. County detectives and the Lansdale, Hatfield, Souderton and Lower Providence Police Departments conducted an investigation leading to their arrests. Some were arraigned on May 2 and the others on May 4.
District Attorney Risa Ferman says the investigation started late last year when her Narcotics Enforcement Team started receiving information about drug trafficking activity operating out of 41-year-old Jeff Penna’s home on Cabin Road in Hatfield Township. Others allegedly involved were his 35-year-old brother, Dave Penna of Lansdale, and 43-year-old Francesco Messina of Schwab Road in Hatfield Township.
The DA received court permission to tap cell phones including Messina’s. Based on the wiretaps, police executed search warrants at 14 locations including Cosmo Motors, Messina’s auto body shop on East Blaine Street in Lansdale. They seized methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia and firearms.