- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Murder Suspect Returns To Montco
A murder suspect has been returned to Montgomery County nearly a month after his arrest in Florida. Police took 32-year-old Edwin Carrero (pictured here) into custody without incident early last month at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Florida. He was arraigned Saturday, March 3, on first and third degree murder charges in the death of his mistress, 31-year-old Alicia Schmidt.
He was in Schmidt’s car when police stopped him, and investigators found that he used the victim’s bank debit card as he fled to Florida, withdrawing more than $3,000 along the way. She was strangled February 2 at her Pottstown home. Carrero is being held without bail at Montgomery County Prison.