- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Middle School Teacher Held For Trial
A teacher at Colonial Middle School in Plymouth Township, accused of having inappropriate contact with five eighth or ninth grade boys, is being held for trial in Montgomery County Court. 41-year-old William Schellinger of Gilbertsville is charged with indecent assault and corruption of minors. At a preliminary hearing Monday, the victims said he would touch the former students on their shoulders and back during tutoring or mentoring sessions and eventually move to more intimate parts of the body.
Two victims, now 18 years old, said he touched them under their pants. School officials say they have suspended him, and he has no contact with any students. Investigators say they found similar incidents at Father Judge High School in Philadelphia before Colonial Middle School hired him.