- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Judge Denies Troutman Defense Requests
A Montgomery County judge has denied a defense request to dismiss the charges against an accused child killer from Souderton. The judge also turned down a request to remove county prosecutors from 25-year-old James Troutman’s trial. The defense said his attorney-client privilege was violated when county detectives went into his prison cell and seized written materials meant only for his lawyers. The judge said he found no real prejudice, but he barred prosecutors from using the writings at the trial. He is charged with first degree murder and other offenses in the death last May of nine-year-old Skyler Kauffman at the Souderton Gardens Apartments. The accused killer and the victim both lived at the complex.