- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Man Faces Charges In Attack On Wife
A Telford man accused of handcuffing, gagging and beating his estranged wife has been charged with kidnapping, assault and other offenses. 21-year-old Emilo Sciortino, Junior of Indian Valley Lane surrendered Tuesday after a brief hostage standoff punctuated by gunfire. Police say he had two rifles and a shotgun, all fully loaded, and he told an emergency dispatcher he would shoot police if they tried to arrest him. He fired four shots from inside the home, and two struck a neighbor’s home, with one landing within inches of a two-year-old child’s bed. He surrendered in the front yard of the home after communicating by cell phone with police, who talked him into giving himself up. His estranged wife was treated for face and head injuries.