- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Lawyer: Teen Sex Allegations Against School Counselor Are Lies
The lawyer representing a former Valley Forge Military Academy guidance counselor accused of giving three 17-year-old cadets alcohol says she did that, but allegations of sexual conduct with a 16-year-old student are complete lies. Attorney Richard Hark says the allegations of sexual assault came from students with long disciplinary histories, and the school believed them to protect their tuition payments at the expense of a highly credentialed teacher. Symantha Hicks of Horsham allegedly gave them access to alcohol on at least one occasion late last year. Radnor Township Police have charged her with corruption of minors and providing alcohol to minors, and she turned herself in Thursday. Hicks is a 30-year-old married mother of three children with bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Gwynedd-Mercy College.