- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
DUI While Asleep At Wheel
A Lansdale man is accused of falling asleep at the wheel while driving drunk and running into a police car. It happened shortly after 3:30pm Monday at West Main Street and Valley Forge Road. Police say a Ford Taurus was stopped at the traffic light on South Valley Forge Road facing north with a long line of cars behind it. They saw a man in the driver’s seat with his eyes closed and his foot on the brake. When they woke him up he lifted his foot from the brake and the car traveled forward, striking the back of a police car, which had been parked there as a precaution. The driver, 66-year-old Roy Adams of Derstine Avenue, was charged with DUI, reckless driving and other offenses. His blood alcohol level was about three times the legal limit for driving.