- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Ex Supervisor Gets Jail Time
A former Montgomery County elected official who admitted hiding income from the Internal Revenue Service has been given 13 months in federal prison. 41-year-old former Skippack Township Supervisor Mark Marino pleaded guilty to filing false income tax returns several months ago in U.S. District Court in Philadelphia. He and 39-year-old former Limerick Township Supervisor David Kane were partners in Kane Core Incorporated, a real estate development firm. A federal indictment said they used corporate funds to pay their personal expenses including housekeepers, a strip club, sports tickets and vacations, and did not report the payments to the IRS. Marino is the son of former Montgomery County Commissioner and District Attorney Mike Marino.