- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Accused Pot-Hauler Gets Reduced Bail
A Lansdale man accused of trucking about 225 pounds of marijuana into the borough has had his bail reduced. In an agreement between the prosecution and defense, it was cut from $500,000 cash to $99,000. 40-year-old Andre Lue (pictured here) of South Broad Street faces several drug charges. Police say an officer on routine patrol became suspicious when he spotted Lue and another man loading something from a tractor-trailer to a Toyota Tacoma pickup truck, during early-morning darkness in late September, at the Pavilion Shopping Center on South Broad Street. Lansdale Police say the men fled as the officer tried to move his marked car to a better surveillance position. Lue, a self-employed cross-country truck driver, was arrested at a nearby apartment building. Police seized his Volvo tractor-trailer and the pickup truck, as well as nine large bales of marijuana wrapped in cellophane, with an estimated street value of $230,000.