- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montco Woman Drowns In Irene Floodwaters
Montgomery County had one storm-related fatality. 64-year-old Patricia O’Neill of East Norriton was found dead late Sunday afternoon along the Wissahickon Creek near Flourtown. She had worked more than 40 years for Genuardi’s Markets, most recently at the store in the Flourtown Shopping Center, and she was on her way to work when her car got stuck in rising early-morning floodwaters at Skippack Pike and Militia Way, about a mile from the store. She apparently abandoned the car and tried to walk the rest of the way to work, but she stepped into a hidden storm culvert and the floodwater swept her away.