- Church Treasurer Accused of Stealing Church Funds
- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Elderly Hilltown Woman Scammed Out Of Nearly 37-Hundred Dollars
An elderly woman in Hilltown Township is scammed out of nearly 37-hundred dollars. Hilltown Township Police Chief,Christopher Engelhart says, the crime happened Monday evening. Engelhart says, a man called identifying himself as the woman’s grandson, asking for 1,845 because he was in an accident. The woman complied and wired the money, but the man called again and the woman sent an identical amount.
“Hopefully we get the message out there they always have to verify this information. Get return phone numbers, call other family members. Try to contact the person from your own contact information that requesting the money so you can again verify the story.”
Engelhart says, the man who identified himself as the woman’s grandson said he was calling from Spain. The elderly woman wired the money to the scam artist from two different Giant supermarket locations.